Best answer: Different tastes: kelp tastes more crisp, while Undaria pinnatifida tends to be soft and dense. Appearance difference: Undaria pinnatifida larvae are similar to kelp larvae, but the appearance after growth is obviously different from kelp. The kelp strips grow at the top of the handle, do not split, have no midvein, and are flat and banded. The leaf margin of Undaria pinnatifida is feathery, and its leaf is thinner than kelp. Its shape is like banana leaf fan and Undaria pinnatifida, so it is named.
1. Different tastes: kelp tastes more crisp, while Undaria pinnatifida tends to be soft and dense.
2. Appearance difference: The larval of Undaria pinnatifida is very similar to that of kelp, but its appearance is obviously different from that of kelp when it grows up. The ribbon of kelp grows at the top of the handle, does not split, has no midrib, and is flat and banded. The leaf margin of Undaria pinnatifida is feathery, and its leaf is thinner than kelp. Its shape is like banana leaf fan and Undaria pinnatifida, so it is named.
3. Different growth cycles: Undaria pinnatifida is an annual marine algae, while kelp is a perennial large edible algae.
Precautions for eating kelp:
1. Don’t eat kelp as a staple food: kelp can’t be used as a staple food for a long time, because it will consume too much iodine and affect your health. Moreover, kelp contains a certain amount of arsenic, and excessive intake of arsenic can cause poisoning. Before eating kelp, rinse with water to dissolve arsenic in water.
2, kelp can not be soaked for a long time: kelp should not be soaked for a long time before eating, because the soaking time is too long, and nutrients in kelp, such as water-soluble vitamins, inorganic salts, etc., will also be dissolved in water, and the nutritional value will be reduced. If kelp is soaked in water, it is as tough as boiled, which means it has deteriorated and can no longer be eaten.
3. Do not drink tea or fruit immediately after eating kelp: Do not drink tea or eat sour fruit immediately after eating kelp, because kelp is rich in iron, and the above two foods will hinder the absorption of iron in the body.