Best answer: The name of Tangshan began in the later Tang Dynasty. According to the Records of Luanxian County, “In the weeks of Tangshan, Fuling was heavily hillock, and the eastern foot of Tangshan was covered with rivers. According to legend, Li Siyuan in the later Tang Dynasty once stationed troops here and set up more than 200 stone towns. In the later Tang Dynasty, General Jiang made meritorious deeds and was buried here. Later generations built temples and shrines. It is because of this that the mountain is named after the Tang Dynasty.
1. The name of Tangshan began in the later Tang Dynasty. According to the Records of Luanxian County, “In the weeks of Tangshan, Fuling was heavily hillock, and the eastern foot of Tangshan was covered with rivers. According to legend, Li Siyuan in the later Tang Dynasty once stationed troops here and set up more than 200 stone towns. In the later Tang Dynasty, General Jiang made meritorious deeds and was buried here. Later generations built temples and shrines. “that’s why the mountain is named after the Tang dynasty.
2. In the early Ming Dynasty, Ming Taizu expelled Tatar, and the north was sparsely populated. In order to enrich the border, in addition to Zhaofu’s exile to resume business, he also moved to his household registration from Jiang, Huai, Zhejiang and Shandong provinces. In the second year of Yongle (1404), the Ming Dynasty began to set up villages in Tangshan: the local people organized the community, and the people moved to organize the village. As a result, ancient villages such as Qiaotou Tun, Liujiatun and Majiatun gradually formed.
3. Tangshan was originally a lonely village, which was a heavy industry city developed with the development of coal resources. In order to develop coal and iron ore, in the second year of Guangxu (1876), Li Hongzhang, Governor of Zhili and Minister of Beiyang, sent the general manager of China Merchants Bureau to Tang Tingshu, and coordinated with American miner Maris to survey Kaiping Town. The survey results were very good. Tang Tingshu reported to Li Hongzhang that he thought it would be promising to hire foreign craftsmen, adopt Western methods and mine iron. In 1877, Li Hongzhang appointed Tang Tingshu to preside over the mining of Kaiping Coal Mine. Therefore, Kaiping Mining Bureau was established in that year to buy land and build houses in Qiaotou Tun and purchase machines. With the development of coal mines, the population increased and merchants flourished. In 1878, Qiaotou Tun was upgraded to Qiaotou Town, which is parallel to Kaiping Town.
4. In 1898, Qiaotou Town had “Tangshan” in the north of the town and was renamed Tangshan Town, which was the beginning of the administrative name of Tangshan. At the beginning of the 20th century, Tangshan gradually developed from an industrial town to an industrial city. In 1928, Tangshan Town was renamed Tangshan City, which is still under the jurisdiction of eight districts of Luanxian County. In 1938, the provisional government of Peiping, the Japanese puppet government, explicitly established Tangshan City, which expanded the urban area and added 30 natural villages. In October 1939, Tangshan municipal organization was formally established. On December 12, 1948, Tangshan was liberated, and the Tangshan Municipal People’s Government was established, belonging to Jidong District of Shanxi-Chahar-Hebei Border Region. On August 1, 1949, the People’s Government of Hebei Province was established, and Tangshan was a city under the jurisdiction of Hebei Province.