The best answer: Wangdu County has a long history. It is said that Di Ku, the grandson of the Yellow Emperor, the ancestor of the Chinese nation, lived in the northwest of the county 5,000 years ago. Yao, the third princess of Di Ku, was born in Danling (now Yiqi Mountain and Yaoshan Mountain in Shunping boundary). Yao was named as the queen of the Tang Dynasty, and the city was named Qingdu City. The capital city of Xia, Shang and Wednesday is Jizhou. During the Warring States Period, Zhao celebrated the capital city.
1. Wangdu County has a long history. It is said that 5,000 years ago, Di Ku, the grandson of the Yellow Emperor, the ancestor of the Chinese nation, lived in the northwest of the county. The third princess celebration in Di Ku was born in Danling (now Yiqi Mountain and Yaoshan Mountain in Shunping boundary). Yao was named as the queen of the Tang Dynasty, and the city was named Qingdu City. In the Xia, Shang and Wednesday dynasties, the capital city was Jizhou, and during the Warring States Period, Zhao bought the capital city.
2. In the 19th year of the reign of King Qin (228 BC), Qin destroyed six countries, and Qingduyi was divided into two counties, with Quni County in the north and Qingdu County in the south. Qingdu County governs Guxian County (now Guxian Village) and belongs to Hengshan County. The northwest is bounded by Yiqi Mountain and Quni County, and the region includes Tangxian County, Shunping County and most of Wangdu County, with a population of about 30,000 households and 120,000 people.
3. In the sixth year of Emperor Gaozu (201 BC), Wangdu County was relocated. The origin of Wangdu County is based on ancient legends: Yao lives in Yaoshan (Yiqi Mountain), and its mother’s celebration is in Dushan (Lonely Mountain). The two mountains are more than 10 miles apart. Yao often climbs mountains and looks out at his mother, which is called “climbing Yaoshan Wangdu Mountain”, so it is called “Wangdu Mountain”. In the Western Han Dynasty, the county and the waiting country were in parallel. In the southeast, there were Liusuyi waiting country (catkin village) sealed by Prince Liu Gai of Zhongshan Jing, a new waiting country (ancient town) sealed by Prince Liu Jia of Zhongshan Jing in the southwest, a safe waiting country sealed by Prince Liu Ying of Zhongshan Jing in the southeast (now Dingzhou City), a vast waiting country sealed by Prince Liu Zhong of Zhongshan Jing in the east (now Qingyuan), Wangdu County, Tangxian County and Quni (now Shunping). At the beginning of Han Dynasty, the population was only 20,000, and it grew to 37,000 by the end of Western Han Dynasty. In AD 9, Wang Mang usurped the Han Dynasty to establish a new dynasty, and ordered the counties and counties in the country to be renamed, while Wangdu County was renamed Shundiao County, which was meant to be a Changshan County. After Liu Xiu proclaimed himself emperor in the Eastern Han Dynasty, in the first year of Jianwu, he ordered the counties to restore their original names. Wangdu County still belongs to Jizhou Zhongshan State. The Three Kingdoms and Jin Dynasties remained the same. During the Northern and Southern Dynasties, there was chaos in the north of China. Wangdu County belonged to Hou Zhao, Ran Wei, Qian Yan, Qian Qin and Hou Yan successively. Due to the turmoil, the economy was destroyed and the population dropped sharply. There were less than 10,000 people in Wangdu County, belonging to Zhongshan County. In 439 AD, Tuoba unified the north, the society was relatively stable, the population returned to the industry, and the registered permanent residence increased. Wangdu County was under the jurisdiction of the northern Wei Dynasty, belonging to Anzhou (now Dingzhou), with a population of about 20,000. From the late Northern Wei Dynasty to the Eastern Wei, Northern Qi, Western Wei and Northern Zhou Dynasties, the world continued to be in turmoil. In the third year of Tianbao in Northern Qi Dynasty (AD 552), Wangdu County was abolished, and the region was merged into Beiping (now Mancheng). Emperor Wen of Sui, Emperor Wen of Sui Dynasty, gained the regime of Northern Zhou Dynasty, established Sui Dynasty, made great efforts, analyzed that the state set the county, and divided Beiping County into Wangdu County for six years (AD 586), which belongs to Dingzhou. Twenty years later, in the first year of Emperor Yangdi’s great cause (AD 605), Wangdu County was abolished in April, and it was re-entered into Beiping. It was originally in Boling County and then in Levin County.
4. After the establishment of the Tang Dynasty, the county was changed to a state. In the fourth year of Wude (AD 621), it was divided into two counties, Anxi (now Dingzhou) and Beiping, and Wuding County was set up. The county administration was temporarily set in Anxian (now Dingzhou), and was soon renamed Wangdu County. For some reason, the county (Guxian Village) has been abandoned for a long time after the war, and it opened a pool to build a city at the county administration office. Wangdu County was completed in the eighth year of Zhenguan, and the county administration has moved to this day. The realm of Tang Dynasty is vast: “The south is bounded by Tangshui (Tanghe), which is 42 miles away from the county, and Dingzhou, with Yangcheng Lake in the east, Yaoshan Mountain in the north, Daoma Pass in the northwest, Zhongren Pavilion (Hail Water in Tangxian County) and Zuoren Pavilion (Duting in Tangxian County) in the west, and Liusu in the southeast. Its territory exceeds that of the previous generation.” During the Kaiyuan period of Tang Dynasty, the population increased to 6500 households with 41340 people. After the An-Shi rebellion, the registered permanent residence decreased greatly, and the number decreased by 84% to only 6,600 during Dezong Zhenyuan.
5. At the beginning of Song Dynasty, Wangdu County system remained unchanged. In the third year of Zhenghe, Dingzhou was renamed Zhongshan House, and Wangdu County was under its jurisdiction. In the middle of the Northern Song Dynasty, there were 6,000 households in Wangdu, reaching 20,000 people. At the end of Northern Song Dynasty, Jin Dynasty fighters invaded south, Hebei was occupied by 8 Jin Army, many people fled, and the countryside became a hunting ground. In the seventh year of Dading (AD 1167), Wangdu County was renamed Haishan County. In the 13th year of the reign of Emperor Ding (AD 1173), Prince Jin Yan Yan Yun Mu came to Baozhou and Dingzhou for hunting, and saw that the newly-built county government house tile was bright, with lotus pond in the south and Yaomu Mausoleum in the north, which was very spectacular. I thought of Yao’s mother named Qingdu, who was born and buried in Sri Lanka, and once praised Qingdu County in history. After the Hui Dynasty, he told the emperor Jin Shizong that Jin Shizong had changed Haishan County into Qingdu County by imperial edict. In the Southern Song Dynasty, the county has become the rear of the Jin Dynasty, the household registration system has gradually become complete, the society is relatively stable, and the population has increased significantly. In the sixth year of Mingchang (AD 1195), the population in the county was about 80,000.
6. In the seventh year of Temujin (AD 1212), Mongolian Taizu’s son went south to destroy gold and won the Central Plains county. The system of Qingdu County remained the same, and it was transferred to Zhending Government at the beginning. In the eleventh year of Taizu (AD 1216), it belonged to Hengzhou. In the eleventh year of Taizong (AD 1239), it was changed to Shuntian Road, Zhongshu Province. In the 12th year of Yuan Dynasty (AD 1275-), Shuntian Road was changed to Baoding Road, and Qingdu County belonged to it with the change. The rulers of Yuan Dynasty adopted the national oppression policy of wanton killing and crazy plundering in the process of destroying Jin and Song in the south. “The people killed a few times, and the children of Jin and Bo, cattle, horses, sheep and livestock swept away, and the city houses became Qiu Ruins”, and the population of Qingdu County dropped to the second lowest point in history. According to the population projections recorded in the 12th year of Zhiyuan, there are less than 2,000 households in Qingdu County, with a population of 3,600.
7. In the first year of Hongwu in Ming Dynasty (AD 1368), Baoding Road was changed into Baoding Mansion, and Qingdu County was transferred to it. At the beginning of the Ming Dynasty, due to the war at the end of Yuan Dynasty and the “Battle to Overcome Difficulties”, there were “not a single household” in the county, and a large number of people from Shanxi and other places migrated to the Central Plains, and Qingdu County was the key county for accepting immigrants. After Yongle, the population grew, and there were 2,200 households with a population of more than 25,300 in Hongzhi Dynasty.
8. After the Qing army entered the customs, the system of Qingdu County remained unchanged. Qing soldiers entered the Central Plains, killing many people. In the 11th year of Chongzhen in Ming Dynasty (AD 1639), the Qing soldiers fell into the capital city on October 7th, killing without counting, looting one 空 and burning the whole city. According to the annals of Qingdu County in Kangxi Period, Shunzhi County compiled four clubs and six, 1111 households and 8369 Ding. In the eleventh year of Qianlong (AD 1746), Emperor Qianlong made a tour of Hutuo River in Zhengding, and returned to Luanhe to pass Qingdu County and visit Yaomu Mausoleum. He thought that the county was disrespectful in the name of Yaomu, which should be avoided. After returning to Beijing, he issued an imperial edict, which was renamed Wangdu County. After the reign of Emperor Qianlong, the population increased rapidly. By the end of Qing Dynasty and the 30th year of Guangxu, there were 12,000,71,127 people in the county.
9. In the first year of the Republic of China (AD 1912), Wangdu County was still under the jurisdiction of Baoding Prefecture. In 3 years of the Republic of China (AD 1914), Baoding Road was set up, and Wangdu County became a part of it. In 17 years of the Republic of China (AD 1928), it was set up in Hebei Province, and Wangdu County was directly under Hebei Province. In 26 years (AD 1937), Hebei Province was divided into 17 administrative supervision districts, and Wangdu County was subordinate to the first administrative supervision district.
10. During the Republic of China, there were 123 villages in 3 districts and 97 townships in Wangdu County. In the 23rd year of the Republic of China (AD 1934), the population was 92,090.
11. In 26 years of the Republic of China (AD 1937), the Japanese invaders invaded Wangdu County, and the officials of the National Government fled south, and Wangdu City was occupied by the Japanese army, which established a puppet government to maintain its rule. The anti-Japanese military and civilians led by the Communist Party of China（CPC） established the anti-Japanese regime under difficult circumstances. In April 1938, the anti-Japanese democratic government of Wangdu County was established, which was under the second special agency of Shanxi-Chahar-Hebei Border Region. In July 1940, it was changed to the fourth special agency of Border Region.
12. In 1941, the situation in War of Resistance against Japan behind the enemy lines was tense. In order to make Wangdu County have a consolidated anti-Japanese base area, the Shanxi-Chahar-Hebei Border Region decided to transfer 37 villages such as Gaochang, Shanyang and Lianyi in Tang County, 6 villages such as Guocun and Rentuan in Wanxian County, and 3 villages such as Dashiji in Mancheng County and Ligezhuang in the north and south to the anti-Japanese democratic government in Wangdu County. In January 1942, the border region decided to abolish Wangdu County, taking Pinghan Road as the boundary and building a new Wangwang County in the west. Later, it was called Xiaofeng County to commemorate the sacrifice of Xi Xiaofeng, the organization minister of the Third District Committee. In June, it was renamed Yunbiao County to commemorate the death of Liu Yunbiao, head of the Shanxi-Chaji Cavalry Corps. Yunbiao County has jurisdiction over 153 villages in Sizhuang, Heibao, Shanyang and Xiashu of Wanxian County. Ludong established Wangding County, which has jurisdiction over 132 villages in Jia Cun and Baituo, Qingfengdian and Liuzao in Dingxian. The anti-Japanese regime of the two counties belongs to the fourth special agency of the border region. In June 1944, it was transferred to the Third Special Department of Border Region. In 1944, Wangding County was abolished, and 8 villages including Qingfengdian, Liuzao District and Gudian, Beihe, Shilipu, Nanheye, Yuheye, Chihui, Nanyang and Beiyang Village were assigned to Dingxian County, while the rest were assigned to Yunbiao County, which is still under the third special agency of the border region.
13. In August 1945, when Japan surrendered, Kuomintang troops marched northward along Pinghan Railway, and the National Government forcibly took over the county seat. The soldiers and civilians led by the CPC resolutely defend the fruits of victory. In November, 27 villages in Xiashu District, Zhuangli Village, tan shan Village, Ligezhuang Village and Zhanggezhuang Village returned to Wanxian County, and Yunbiao County administered 172 villages in 5 districts. In January 1947, Wangdu City was liberated by the Chinese People’s Liberation Army, and the county national government fled and collapsed.
14. Yunbiao County was revoked in May 1946, and the name of Wangdu County was restored. In December 1947, it was attached to the Fifth Special Department of Beiyue District of Shanxi-Chahar-Hebei Border Region, and in January 1949 it was changed to the Yishui Special Department of Chahar Province, and in August it was attached to Baoding District Commission of Hebei Province. When the People’s Republic of China was founded on October 1, 1949, Wangdu County had jurisdiction over 5 districts and 172 villages with a population of 124,000. In October 1951, 8 villages, including Gudian and Beihe, were transferred from Ding County to Wangdu County. In 1952, Zhuangli Village returned to Wangdu. In August 1954, 37 villages including Gaochang, Shanyang and Lianyi returned to Tang County, and Wangdu County administered 144 administrative villages.
15. In December 1957, 12 villages including Fujiaying and Shenbaihu in Qingyuan County were assigned to Wangdu. Wangdu County has jurisdiction over 156 villages. In June 1958, Wangdu County merged with Tangxian County, which was called Tangxian County. Wangdu Town was governed by the county, and Jia Cun Township was assigned to Anguo County. In January 1962, the original organizational system of Wangdu County was restored, belonging to Baoding Special Administration, which has jurisdiction over 16 people’s communes and 147 administrative villages, with a population of 156,000. In 1970, Baoding Special Office was changed to Baoding Area, and Wangdu County belongs to it. In December, 1994, Baoding was merged with Baoding City, and Wangdu County still belongs to it. At that time, it had jurisdiction over 15 townships and 147 administrative villages in one town, with a population of 252,000. In 1996, the township was expanded, and the county had jurisdiction over one town and seven townships. In 2002, Gudian Township was renamed Gudian Town. By the end of 2003, it had jurisdiction over 2 towns, 6 townships and 147 administrative villages with a population of 261,000.